About: Livingston’s own Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center (formerly Saint Barnabas Medical Center) has been ranked a healthcare leader by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Healthcare Equality Index. The center maintains a robust diversity equity inclusion program and employs numerous LGBTQIA+ health providers.
RWJBarnabas healthcare also maintains the PROUD Gender Center of New Jersey at 181 Somerset St., 2nd Floor New Brunswick, NJ 08901.
Services available include:
- Comprehensive primary care
- Gender-affirming surgery including transfeminine and transmasculine top surgery
- Gender-affirming bottom surgery for transmen
- Facial feminization and facial masculinization surgery
- Hormone therapy/endocrinology
- Otolaryngology/vocal training
- Community outreach, education and training
- Advocacy resources
- Information and referral to behavioral and mental health support services
- Support services