How do I plead not guilty?

If your ticket is not marked “Court Appearance Required”, you may enter your plea of Not Guilty by either calling the Court at 973-535-7970 or appearing at the Violations Bureau. Court staff will then schedule your case for a conference or a trial date depending on the charge.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Court located?
2. What are the Violations Bureau hours?
3. What are your Court dates?
4. How can I contact the Court?
5. How much is my ticket?
6. How can I pay my ticket?
7. How do I plead not guilty?
8. How do I request a new Court date?
9. How can I get an attorney?
10. How can I appeal the judge’s decision?