- Senior, Youth & Leisure Services
- Programs & Services
- Senior / Adult
- Senior Fitness & Enrichment
- Senior Transportation Services
Senior Transportation Services
The SYLS Senior Transportation Services Program is available for:
- residents 62 years of age and older, and
- disabled residents 18 years of age and older
Senior Transportation Services offers transportation to any Livingston location including, but not limited to, Township programs, YMCA, Public Library, ShopRite, Livingston Mall and JCC in West Orange.
The wheelchair-accessible bus runs Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm. Disabled individuals under 62 years must provide a note from a doctor indicating medical need and if the disability is permanent or temporary.
SYLS Senior Transportation Program Guidelines:
- Residents may call for transportation within the Township boundaries for medical appointments, grocery shopping, library, meetings and activities.
- Passengers must be able to board and exit the bus without assistance.
- The bus does have a wheelchair lift. Please inform the office when scheduling an appointment so that enough time is allotted for operating the lift. A travel companion and/or aide is required for wheelchair passengers.
- An aide is permitted to ride with a disabled individual to assist with entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Riders are permitted one round-trip or two one-way trips per day.
- Passengers are not permitted to change or add to their itinerary once on the bus.
- Passengers must call the office when ready for return trip -- do not call the driver directly.
- Do not make appointments or travel arrangements with the driver. Call 973-535-7925, option 8.
- Passengers are not permitted to tip the driver.
- All riders are required to wear a mask per COVID-19 guidelines.
- Passengers must be ready 15 minutes prior to pick up time.
To register for the service or find out more information, call 973-535-7925, option 8. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Essex County Special Transportation System: 973-737-7200
Providing you with safe, reliable and convenient transportation services:
- Non-Emergency Medical Appointments
- Nutrition Sites
- Physical & Mental Therapy
- Radiation & Chemotherapy
- Competitive Employment Non-Competitive Workshop Employment
- Food Shopping
- Farmers Market (June – September)
- Veteran Services Post-Secondary Education
- Social & Recreational Activities
See below for additional transportation options for New Jersey Seniors.