- Covid-19 Information for Livingston Residents
- Township Buildings: Safety Measures
Township Buildings: Safety Measures
Face coverings are required for all visitors to municipal buildings. (August 2021)
Reopening to the Public
Livingston Township buildings reopened to the public on Monday, July 20, 2020. Buildings are open during regular business hours
To provide a safe environment for both employees and visitors, the Township has taken safety measures and established requirements for those coming into the buildings.
- Social distancing floor markers are in place at all service counters and where lines may form.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at all service counters.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers are located at each service counter and at other locations throughout the buildings.
- Masks must be worn at all times by the public while in any Township building.
- 6-foot social distancing must be maintained while in the buildings.
- Elevators may only be used by only one person at a time, unless the individuals are related.
- Occupancy will be limited, and visitors to the buildings may be required to wait outside or in a vehicle, should occupancy exceed the permitted capacity.
Entering & Exiting Buildings
Town Hall, 357 S. Livingston Avenue
- Enter only through the east doors (at the back of the building)
- Exit only through the north doors (facing the YMCA building)
Senior/Community Center, 204 Hillside Avenue
- Enter and exit the building through the main doors facing Hillside Avenue, following appropriate signage.
- Lower Level is closed until further notice; no access will be given.
- For Birth Certificates: Individuals or parents are asked to come in alone, without other family members or children, if possible, to minimize the number of people in the Health Department waiting area.
Township Board & Council Meetings
With gatherings still restricted under Governor Phil Murphy’s Executive Orders, in-person meetings will not yet be held. Township Council, Planning Board, and Zoning Board meetings will continue to be held virtually until further notice.
Building & Zoning, Engineering, and Planning Drop Boxes
The Building & Zoning, Engineering, and Planning Department drop boxes will remain at the rear of Town Hall.
Those who do not need to see or speak with an employee in person can drop off forms, permit requests, etc., without having to enter and go up to the second floor of the building.
Most items can be handled through the website, without having to travel to a Township building. Online applications, registrations and payments can be completed either through the website or our mobile app.
Visit the Township’s website at www.livingstonnj.org (you are here!). Follow Livingston Township, NJ on Facebook and @Livingston_NJ on Twitter for the latest Livingston updates, and register to receive Police and Township Alerts and information through the Swift911 system here.
For information on Livingston’s ongoing Coronavirus response, visit our COVID-19 Information Hub.