Livingston Township has reopened its municipal tennis and pickleball courts under new COVID-19 rules as of Saturday, May 16, 2020.
If these safety and social distancing rules are not followed, the Township may close the courts again in order to prevent potential spread of the virus.
Tennis and Pickleball Courts: COVID-19 Rules
- All players must maintain social distancing (no closer than 6’ to other players).
- Players should use their own hand sanitizer before and after play.
- Singles only, no doubles. Only 2 players allowed per court with no guests or spectators on court.
- Only Livingston residents and their guests may use the courts.
- Court hours at all locations are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- To maximize court availability to all residents, court time is limited to 1 hour per match.
- Players must vacate the court immediately after they have finished playing.
- Players should stay on one side of the court for the duration of a match; do not switch ends.
- Players should only touch their own equipment (i.e. racquet, tennis or pickle balls, towels) and should avoid touching fences, gates, nets, etc.
- Only serve and play your own ball. Do not touch errant balls from another court.
- Consider spraying balls briefly with a disinfectant spray.
- Players should primarily hit from the baseline and avoid net play unless other player is on baseline.
- DO NOT congregate near court entrances when waiting and wait until the prior players have fully exited the court before entering the courts.
- It is recommended to wear a face covering prior to and after playing. It is also recommended to wear a face covering while playing if possible.
- If you or your family members have displayed any symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, do not come to the courts to play tennis and/or pickleball.
View/download COVID-19 Rules for Tennis and Pickleball Courts (PDF)
Additional COVID-19 updates for Livingston residents are available at livingstonnj.org/COVID-19.
Residents are encouraged to follow Livingston Township, NJ on Facebook and @Livingston_NJ on Twitter to Township announcements, news, and information.