On Tuesday, February 26, 2019, Livingston Senior, Youth & Leisure Services (SYLS) received the Daniel M. Gasalberti Award for Excellence in Recreation Programming for the 2018 Intergenerational Prom.
The award was one of 23 presented at the at the New Jersey Recreation & Park Association (NJRPA) Annual Conference Awards Dinner Ceremony in Atlantic City, NJ.
Each year, the Intergenerational Prom -- a night of food and entertainment for seniors and high school students -- draws over 250 attendees. It is held in collaboration with the Livingston Board of Education.
Daniel M. Gasalberti is remembered as dedicated, creative and passionate, especially about recreation programming and was beloved by citizens for the programs and events that he implemented. He was the Director of Recreation and Parks in Rutherford and President of the NJRPA in 1982-1983. Dan also served on various National Recreation and Park Association committees, including the Annual Legislative Forum. The Daniel M. Gasalberti award is presented for excellence in recreation programming.
Pictured above (L-R):
- Karen Zimmerman, NJRPA Awards Committee Chairperson
- Ron Barbella, SYLS Sports and Aquatics Program Supervisor
- Jennifer Quirk, SYLS Adaptive Recreation, Program Supervisor
- Nancy Verniero, SYLS, Marketing and Finance
- Liliana Branquinho, SYLS, Adult & Senior Enrichment and Town Special Events Program Supervisor
- Ashley White, SYLS, Facilities and Operation Coordinator
- Corinne Olson, SYLS, Camp, Youth and Teen Program Supervisor
- William Foelsch, NJRPA President
Congratulations to SYLS, the Board of Education, and all volunteers on this achievement!
Program: All 2019 NJRPA Award Winners (PDF)