If you are using your mobile device to register online, please note that you do not need to download the Swift911 Public App to receive Livingston's Emergency Notifications.
- Update your information and contact preferences
- Add phone numbers and email addresses
- Choose to receive phone calls/emails/text messages
- Use this link to remove yourself, if necessary
- Water maintenance and outages
- Utility outages
- Fires or floods
- Road construction on Township roadways
- Police emergencies
Please note: Your information will not be sold to or shared with outside entities.
In emergencies, getting the information you need right away can be critical. That's why we use Swift911.
On a regular basis, you need to know about things that affect you. So, you can also choose to receive:
- Garbage and Recycling Schedule Changes
- Health Clinics
- Property Tax Notifications
- SYLS and Event Updates
- And a lot of other valuable information to keep you up to date on what’s happening in Town!
The Swift911 System
The Township uses “Swift911” from Swiftreach Networks Inc. to keep our residents and businesses informed in cases of emergency. Now, the system has been expanded for use beyond emergencies. In addition to sending emergency information, we can now send information that is more tailored to our residents’ interests.
Swift911 is a high-speed notification program that can deliver pre-recorded messages to the entire community via telephone, cell phone, email and text messaging. Since Swift911 can dial 60,000 phone numbers per hour, we know the information will get out right away. And in emergencies, you don't want to wait to know what's going on.
In addition, Swift911 now offers a “Hotline,” so if residents miss part of a message they can call the Hotline to hear the entire message again. The Swift911 hotline number is 973-577-6452.
Benefits of an Account
The Swift911 system uses a publicly available list of phone numbers for both residents and businesses. However:
- Cell phone numbers and email addresses are not in the system.
- Some phone numbers are not in the system.
- Text messages and emails will not be sent unless you select that option within the system.
- You can tailor the types of non-emergency messages you receive.
You can add or remove your phone numbers and emails from the system online. Sign in to the Swift911 System, or create an account and add your cell phone numbers and email addresses. When you sign in, you can also manage your account and choose to receive information on the topics that interest you.
If you don’t have Internet access, you can get a Swift 911 Registration Form (PDF) at Town Hall or Police Headquarters (337 or 333 S. Livingston Avenue), or at the Senior/Community Center (204 Hillside Avenue). Simply fill out the form and return it to the Police Department or mail it to:
357 S Livingston Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039