Low Income Resources
Farm Market Vouchers for Low Income Seniors
To be eligible for this federally funded program, a senior must be at least 60 years old and have a household income below $20,147 per individual or $27,214 per couple ($1,679 per month for one and $2,268 for a couple).
Each participant will receive four $5 vouchers to purchase fruit, vegetables, and herbs from authorized farmers. To apply, call Ana Millan at 973-535-7961, ext 231.
The Municipal Welfare Department administers the General Assistance Program, a state funded public assistance program for eligible single adults and childless couples.
Information and Referral Services
Information and assistance pertaining to benefit and entitlement programs, such as Food Stamps, Social Security, Medicaid, and utility assistance, are provided. Assistance with non-governmental programs is also provided.
Reduced rates at Township pool and recreation programs are provided to eligible families.
Nutritious meals for home bound residents are available at cost through St. Barnabas Medical Center and delivered by volunteers five days a week. Social services are provided to recipients as needed.
- Essex County Wellness Discount Program for prescription drugs, eye care, hearing aids and more.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program accepting applications.
- PSEG payment assistance programs
- Essex County Division of Senior Services: 973-395-8375
- Livingston C.H.O.W (Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse): 973-992-1382
- NJ Family Care: 800-701-0710
- NJ SNAP (formerly Food Stamps): 973-733-3000
- Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-572-SAFE (7233)
- United Way of North Essex Family Success Center: 973-746-4235