Police Officer Entrance Exam
The Township of Livingston Police Department will conduct an entrance examination for police officers on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 6 pm at the following location:
Livingston High School
30 Robert Harp Drive
Livingston, NJ 07039
Interested applicants shall register in person at Livingston Police Headquarters at 333 S. Livingston Avenue Livingston, NJ 07039, beginning January 21, 2019 during the following hours:
- Monday, January 21: 7 am – 3 pm
- Tuesday, January 22: 2 pm – 8 pm
- Wednesday, January 23: 7 am – 12 pm
- Thursday, January 24: 2 pm – 8 pm
- Friday, January 25: 7 am – 12 pm
Please bring with you:
- $75 non-refundable check or money order payable to “Township of Livingston”
- Copy of your resume
- Government-issued photo ID
- Employment Application (PDF)
Registration deadline is Friday, January 25, 2019 or the first two hundred (200) applications.
This examination is being held to establish an eligibility list from which to fill future Police Officer vacancies for the Township.
To be considered for employment as a full time police officer the following are the minimum eligibility requirements:
- A citizen of the United States at the time of appointment.
- A resident at the state of New Jersey at the time of appointment.
- Be of between 21 years and 00 days and 35 years and 00 days at the time of appointment.
- Be of mental and bodily health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System of New Jersey that he/she would be eligible for membership in the retirement system.
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Be of good moral character and free from conviction of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
- Able to pass such written, physical, extensive personal history background, medical, and psychological examinations as may be approved by the Township and meet essential job performance requirements.
- hold an Associate’s Degree or
- have completed sixty (60) college credits from an accredited post-secondary college or
- have completed two (2) years of active military service with an honorable discharge.
- The holder of a valid New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Otherwise meets all the requirements of N.J.S. 40A:14-122 to N.J.S. 40:14-127.
The Township of Livingston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.